- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Marine Biology, STEM, Animals/Nature
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Catalina Island Marine Institute (CIMI) is an outdoor science school, providing an exciting outdoor education experience for 4th through 12th grade students.
Our program is offered at three locations on Catalina Island – operated by the nonprofit corporation, Guided Discoveries – including Toyon Bay, Fox Landing, and Cherry Cove. During our three- and five-day field trip programs, students and teachers enjoy a variety of experiential science labs and adventure activities in Marine Science and Island Ecology. CIMI is a STEM-based program.