- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Online
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Quarter, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Business/Entrepreneurship
- Sub-Categories: Business, Internships, Work Experience
- Selective: No
- Ages: 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: Free
- Career Clusters: Business Management and Administration, Education and Training, Finance, Marketing, Sales and Service
- Credit Awarded: No
Want to gain experience within a nonprofit startup? You've come to the right place! From assignments centered around outreach and marketing to hands-on experience with managing clients and pursuing sponsors like a nonprofit admin. Either way, we've got a place secured for you with our all virtual internship program for the summer. You get training directly from the executives leading the organization.
There are two categories of internships.
Marketing and Outreach Internships:
- Complete basic administrative tasks (draft emails, meet with clients and partners, develop outreach materials, and provide feedback on drafts for nonprofit projects)
- Research important topics relevant to online learning and homeschool (our nonprofit's niche)
- Meet/check-in weekly to receive training on best practices and sharpen skills while networking with team members and entrepreneurs. Internships in this category include the community engagement internship and marketing internship.
Nonprofit administration internships:
- Work with executive leadership to develop plans moving forward for the nonprofit
- Work as a virtual assistant for the President and Board Chair (drafting emails, making copies of important documents, and provide input on plans)
- Learn more about nonprofit management by getting hands-on experience in partnership meetings, board meetings, and working one-on-one with executive leadership.
Internships in this category include the board of director internship, summer coordinator, and administrative office internship.
Requirements are a 3.2 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale and a team-oriented attitude. There are three phases to applying. The first is the application, the next is the on-demand interview, and the last is a live interview.
High performance = rewards, including gift cards and potential honorariums. Completion is certified by a certificate, badge, letter of recommendation, and performance evaluation.