- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Semester
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Circus Performing
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Camp Winnarainbow is open to campers ages 7–14. Drawing from the world of circus and theatrical arts, we teach timing, balance, and a sense of humor. We honor the creative spirit of each child in an atmosphere of approval and mutual encouragement.
At Camp Winnarainbow, campers choose from a wide range of activities and classes that encourage creativity, skills mastery, personal growth and physical development including Trapeze, Acting, Music, Cloudswing, Clowning, Dance, Spanish Web, Improvisation, Poetry, Gymnastics, Juggling, Songwriting, Stiltwalking (and falling) and much more.
On the stage and in the tipi, friendship building and acceptance are emphasized with the campers. Competition is de-emphasized. Healthy sportsmanship is supported during team sports, which include softball, ultimate frisbee, volleyball, soccer and basketball on our own regulation court donated by the Bill Graham Foundation with backboards supplied by former NBA star, Bill Walton.
The heart and soul of Camp Winnarainbow is learning to live in community:within the tipis and as a whole larger community. In the tipis, experienced counselors help their campers develop self-esteem and social/friendship skills through games, stories and bonding activities.