- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th
- Gender: Boys Only
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
- Credit Awarded: No
Founded in 1903 as one of New England's first camps for boys, age 8-14, Camp Wachusett provides a rich and varied program in a gorgeous Vermont setting, promoting a boy's independence and self-confidence as well as his sense of himself as part of a group.
Camp Wachusett generates a spirit of fun, excitement, and adventure as it strives to realize its broader purpose of personal and social growth for each camper, and recognizes that a relatively small environment maximizes the opportunity to care for each boy and to devote the time and energy that he deserves. In a typical week there are fifteen to twenty hours of instructional activities. In the morning each camper has two hour length instructional periods in activities which he has selected to pursue for a weeks time. Two additional hours in the afternoon involve a mixture of instructional activities and team sports. The afternoon's instructional activities can change from day to day. The idea is to provide each boy with an opportunity to try many things and to focus upon a few.