- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Traditional Camp
- Sub-Categories: Counselors in Training, Hiking, Horseback Riding, Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Camp Tuckabatchee Inc. is a day and resident camp, established 1927. Camp covers 150 acres of wooded hills and valleys with trails running throughout. Find out more!
Camp Tuckabatchee is located 90 miles west of Chicago on Route 80 North of Ottawa, Illinois on Route 23. There are rustic cabins for sleeping in the main camp area. The main lodge features a dinning area with a huge stone hearth and modern kitchen. Volc Lodge provides year round camping with indoor restrooms, 2 fire places, furnace, and kitchen. Crooked Leg Creek provides a natural play area and lulls campers to sleep at night.
Camp Tuckabatchee's Residential Camp has four themes: Water Adventure, Indian Way, Horsemanship, and Outdoor Adventure. Camp Tuckabatchee's Teen Travel Camp is a week-long overnight canoe trip on the Fox River. Activities include: archery, swimming, horseback riding, scuba in the camp pool, and crafts. Camp Tuckatabchee also offers a C.I.T. program, where teens work with children in a camp environment, make friends and receive valuable hands-on experience. Many C.I.T.'s move on to be excellent Camp Staff.