- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Horseback Riding
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Camp Trinity on the Bar 717 Ranch is the oldest accredited co-educational summer camp in California. Since 1930, the Gates family has welcomed boys and girls ages 8 to 16 to live, work, and play on 450 acres of pristine wilderness as part our large ranch family.
For over 80 years the Bar 717 Ranch has welcomed children to 450 acres in the beautiful mountains of Trinity County to experience nature, form deep friendships and have big fun. Life on the Ranch is rustic and unplugged: we spend our days swimming, hiking, riding, caring for animals, gardening, and making music and art. We live, work, and play in a co-educational, non-competitive setting where kids are free to be themselves. Building community and respect for the environment are the heart and soul of our summer camp. Join us!
The Camper in Leadership Training (CILT) program is designed for campers completing the 9th and 10th grades. The goal of this program is to provide the opportunity for older campers to build positive peer relationships; enhance self-esteem through confronting new challenges and building skills in the area of their choice; increase self awareness and understanding of their individual leadership potential; and develop themselves as role models and leaders within their community. It is our experience that these skills are beneficial at Camp and are transferable to other areas of camper’s lives as well.