- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Special Needs
- Sub-Categories: Behavioral Disability, Physical Disability, Other Developmental Disability
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
Camp Thorpe Mountain Reach program accepts children with a variety of physical and mental challenges including cerebral palsy, developmental delays, epilepsy, muscular dystrophy, moderate emotional difficulties, Down syndrome and abuse histories.
To this day, Walter Thorpe’s tradition and philosophy is maintained with the highest allegience-meeting the needs of each individual camper; showing each that he/she has ability and potential. Participation is intended to further develop this potential. Currently, camping experiences are provided to children and adults with a variety of physical and developmental needs. Although the program has expanded and changed through the years, Walter Thorpe’s purpose is perpetuated through positive, successful camping experiences for children and adults in a fun, happy, stress-free environment.
At Camp Thorpe, we want each camper to leave with feelings of self-respect, new leisure skills, and respect for others and for nature. Camp Thorpe has both a children’s camping program (Mountain Reach) and a camping program designed for adults (Pine Haven).