- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Traditional Camp
- Sub-Categories: Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Nestled on 35 wooded acres in historic Concord, MA, Summer's Edge at CampThoreau focuses on building character, confidence and community. From archery to arts & crafts, ropes courses to campfire building, the Camp Thoreau experience is rooted in caring and kindness where kids can be kids.
With the guidance of group counselors and program leaders, campers aged 4 –15 years old will become a member of a community that act in a caring, respectful, fair and friendly manner.
Camp Thoreau was founded in Concord, MA, in 1951 by a young couple by the names of Dot and Click Pulis. They owned a small piece of land and hosted thirty five campers their first year! Over sixty years later, Camp Thoreau hosts hundreds of kids Pre-School through 10th grade while holding the traditions and philosophies that Dot and Click instilled - to give kids the chance to experience nature and participate in activities in a safe and supportive environment.