- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Four Weeks, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th
- Gender: Boys Only
- Category: Traditional Camp
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
- Credit Awarded: No
Camp Sangamon is a summer camp for boys ages 9-16 set beside a beautiful lake in the hills of central Vermont, just minutes from Rutland and Killington.
We are different. If you join us at Camp Sangamon you will take your summer into your own hands. You choose. For yourself. Any activity you want. We don't tell you where to go, and we don't tell you what to do.
We teach all kinds of interesting things. We offer fifteen different in-camp activities, split about evenly between individual sports and crafts. We teach Archery, Horse Riding, Tennis, Mountain Biking, Swimming, Canoeing, Ropes Course, and Kayaking. We have a “pioneer” farm, with a milk cow, chickens, pigs, ducks, rabbits, and kittens. We make things in Woodshop, Rocketry, Weaving, Pottery, Silk-Screening, and Arts & Crafts. We take trips hiking, wilderness swimming, backpacking, canoeing, sailing, rock climbing, and caving.