- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Other
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Special Needs
- Sub-Categories: Learning Differences, Autism Spectrum
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: Free
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Since 1976, Camp Northwood & The Northwood Center have been providing quality programming to a coed population of 165 socially immature, learning challenged children in need of structure and individualized attention.
It is our 2:1 camper/counselor ratio, non-competitive recreational programming and intentional focus on social skill development that enables our students to experience acceptance in a thriving camp community.
Camp Northwoods program intentionally focuses on providing quality programming designed to foster age appropriate social skills, self-esteem and independence while at the same time offering traditional summer camp experiences. In order to achieve our social developmental goals, campers must immerse themselves in our supportive social environment for more than just a few weeks. It takes time to learn and internalize effective social strategies. Therefore, we offer just one summer session for our campers and their families.