- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Four Weeks, Two Months
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Leadership
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Our Camp Internship for Leadership Training (CILT) is a summer program is for teens entering 10th – 12th grades. This volunteer program is an opportunity to gain valuable leadership experience through teaching, playing with, and learning from children.
The CILT program at Camp Kinneret is designed to provide teens with a growth-oriented experience that will build 21st-century skills and facilitate a successful transition to college and professional environments.
As a camp intern (CILT), you would be placed with up to four different camper groups (rotating every 2 weeks) as an assistant and apprentice to a senior counselor (college-aged or older). This allows you to observe and participate in many different styles of group leadership and provides the opportunity to work with children of different ages. Volunteering and learning at camp is experiential, hands-on, and tailored to each individual CILT. All CILTs receive one-on-one mentoring and coaching throughout the program.
Our program runs from mid-June – mid-August. CILTs are required to volunteer for at least 4 weeks, and must attend two mandatory Saturday trainings before the start of summer.
Teens who participate in our program for all three summers of age eligibility see a 35% increase in skill level by the end of their final summer.
Why become a CILT?
- Be a role model and mentor, and find a mentor of your own.
- Build college and workplace skills like communication and creativity.
- Earn community service credits for college applications.
- Spend the summer outside teaching and learning from children.
- Take steps towards becoming a senior camp counselor.
- Have fun, learn new skills, and make a difference!