- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th
- Gender: Girls Only
- Category: Traditional Camp
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
Camp Chinqueka is a traditional sleepaway summer camp for girls ages 6-16 on Mt. Tom Pond in CT. We offer 2, 4, 6, and 8 week sessions (1 week session for new campers only -5th grade and under)!
Our camp philosophy is simple comfortable girls are happy campers. Although we market the camps with our brother camp for boys, Camp Awosting, it is a separate campus 7 miles away on a different lake. We pride ourselves on a program where the girls are able to be themselves and dont have to worry about the pressures created in a co-ed camp environment.
We also feel that some interaction is beneficial, so there are multiple opportunities for the boys and girls to get together for activity exchanges, dances and off-camp trips. Add to that a first-rate staff focused on safety and ensuring campers make the most of their summer and you have a recipe for one amazing summer!