- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Traditional Camp
- Sub-Categories: Physical Disability
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
In 1985, Camp Bon Coeur was created by Lafayette General Medical Center, one of the leading cardiovascular centers in the south, and Mended Hearts, Inc., a national support group for adults with heart defects, to give children with Congenital Heart Defects a traditional summer camp experience.
Camp Bon Coeur offers a two-week residential summer program that gives these campers the opportunity to meet other kids from across the country that also bear the scars of growing up with a heart defect. Camp Bon Coeur offers a two-week program that is designed with the cardiac camper in mind. Our campers range in age from 7-16 years old. Session A is for campers ages 7-11 and Session B accommodates 12-16 year olds.