- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Other
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Sub-Categories: Hiking, Horseback Riding
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
- Credit Awarded: No
Camp Augusta Wilderness is a summer camp program that provides one-week backcountry experiences for kids and teens in Northern California. Based in Nevada City, California, we travel to beautiful locations and facilitate backpacking, horse packing, rafting, and rock climbing trips.
Camp Augusta is unique and astounding among summer camps. An intentional community operating on consensus and flat hierarchy, Augusta has the longest staff training in the country, a very high staff-to-camper ratio, a meticulous hiring process, and a bafflingly long list of activities, each carried out to a surprising depth of detail and collaboration. It is an organization that can only pull-off what it does by having a community of 100% committed, 24/7 staff believing in what they do.
Our curriculum and itineraries focus on character development through mindfulness-based outdoor leadership, environmental stewardship, and outdoor living skills. We focus on a unique, intentional design of "success counseling" that allows counselors to address diverse learning styles, feelings and needs. We utilize powerful tools with campers such as: Challenge by Choice, Full Value Contract, 100% Responsibility, Mindfulness, Compassionate Communication and many other opportunities for the benefit of camper growth in mind, body and spirit.