- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Nature camp for teens! Hike, swim, and hunt for butterflies, birds, foxes and salamanders in the WV mountains alongside creative, dynamic, staff. This unique overnight camp includes music, arts, games, laughter, small groups, and independent projects. It offers personal challenge and builds a lasting community.
Explore the natural world of the West Virginia mountains! Just 2 ½ hours from Washington, DC., the Burgundy Center is tucked away in a secluded 500-acre wildlife sanctuary in the Appalachians.
This nature and science camp incorporates laughter, games, painting, drawing, music, hiking, backpacking, gardening and swimming into a relaxed but high quality program in which campers learn about animals, plants, geology, astronomy, ecology and conservation.
Working with dynamic, knowledgeable, caring staff in small groups and independent projects, campers are likely to see warblers, hear foxes, and find salamanders. Each day brings the community together in a range of workshops, whole group challenges, and family-style meals. The group also honors quiet reflection and a sense of wonder.
The forest and meadows shelter a wide diversity of plant and animal life. The spring- fed stream and pond support a rich aquatic ecosystem and provide good swimming. The night sky is speckled with stars.
To join in, just register at the website.
Cost and Session Information
Ages 11-15 • $1735
- Session 1: Sunday, June 24 - Saturday, July 7
- Session 2: Tuesday, July 10 - Tuesday, July 24*
- Session 3: Wednesday, August 1 - Tuesday, August 14
*Note: session 2 is designed for campers who have
already attended the Senior Program,
and is intellectually and physically more rigorous.