- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States, Hawaii
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Surfing, Swimming, Hiking, Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
Spend 18 days exploring Hawaii's most breathtaking volcanoes, rainforests, beaches, and much more!
For more than two weeks, students will engage in exciting activities and make memories for a lifetime. By the day, they will hike, swim, snorkel, and surf. By night, they'll camp outdoors in a comfortable tent provided by Bold Earth. Some activities you can expect include studying coral reefs with marine biologists, taking surfing lessons on the Kona Coast, snorkeling with manta rays, and exploring the Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park. You can also look forward to ziplining and hiking up large waterfalls.
Students may also be able to fulfill up to eight hours of community service hours. Opportunities include remoing invasive species from Hilo Coast and helping the elderly population of Waipio Valley.