- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Youth Outreach
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
At the Colorado Mountain Camp, campers spend several days on site building proficiency in our core adventure sports before venturing out on a five-night expedition. For 9-12th graders, our Teen Leadership Program gives teens opportunities to take on meaningful leadership roles at camp.
Fun and deeply satisfying, this off-site expedition gives campers tougher conditions to navigate and more say in how to tackle them, helping them learn lasting skills in decision making and conflict resolution.
Throughout their two-week session, campers also take part in a formal service project—an eye-opening exercise in leaving their environment better than they found it—and try a host of exciting outdoor activities that includes archery, tree climbing and fly fishing. They also find plenty of time for the games, traditions and bonding experiences that only happen at overnight camp, leaving them with lifelong memories and character-shaping confidence.
Under the supervision of our most senior instructors, teen leaders work behind the scenes in every aspect of the camp experience, from teaching outdoor activities to younger campers to planning all-camp events to working in the dining hall. They learn to lead from within a group and in front of it, developing both solid leadership skills and the confidence to put them to use.