- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Length: Other
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: STEM
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: Free
- Career Clusters: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Credit Awarded: No
STEM Enrichment activities spark student interest in STEM from the earliest grades through high school. They also provide experiential learning opportunities for educators. Our programs are great for students and teachers from all backgrounds and interests, and are designed to complement classroom learning and teaching by providing exciting, engaging, hands-on experiences. From kindergarten through graduate school, students of all proficiency levels are welcome.
Through AEOP, the Army continues its long tradition and strong commitment to the advancement of STEM education and literacy. Leveraging its most valuable assets – world-class scientists and engineers and research facilities – AEOP offers our nation’s youth and teachers a collaborative, cohesive portfolio of opportunities that effectively engage future workforce generations in meaningful, real-world STEM experiences, competitions and paid internships.
From elementary school through graduate school, students of all proficiency levels, interests, social and economic backgrounds are encouraged to participate in real-world STEM experiences while also engaging with Army-sponsored mentors.
Current Program offerings Include:
STEM ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES
AEOP’s STEM Enrichment Activities are designed to spark student interest in STEM- especially among the underserved and those in earlier grades- and educators by providing exciting, engaging, interactive, hands-on STEM experiences.
- Camp Invention (Rising 1- 6th)
- Gains in the Education of Math and Science GEMS (5th -12th)
- UNITE (Rising 9th -12th)
AEOP’s STEM Competitions are designed to expose students to scientific research methods and engineering principles in an interactive, hands-on way, and enables them to compete for recognition, scholarships and awards.
- Junior Solar Sprint JSS (5th - 8th)
- eCYBERMISSION (6th - 9th)
- Junior Science and Humanities Symposium JSHS (9th - 12th)
AEOP’s Apprenticeship Programs provide a unique opportunity for students to conduct real-world research alongside practicing scientists and engineers in world-class facilities.
- Science and Engineering Apprentice Program SEAP (High School)
- Research and Engineering Apprenticeship Program REAP (High School)
- Undergraduate Research Apprenticeship Program URAP (Undergraduate)
- College Qualified Leaders CQL (Undergraduate)
CONTINUING EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Research Experiences for STEM Educators and Teachers (RESET) (classroom educators) RESET provides educators with summer research experience at participating Army Laboratories. The goal of this enriching program is to reinforce teachers’ content knowledge through research experience and interactions with Army and Department of Defense scientists and engineers.
Selected teachers will participate in on-line learning as a cohort, with a subset of the cohort selected to conduct research on-site with a mentor Army scientist or engineer. At the completion of the program, teachers will be able to translate this knowledge and experience into enhanced science, technology, engineering and math research curricula and enriched learning for their students.