- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Kayaking, Hiking, Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Apogee's Northwest Explorer program is perfect for teenage adventureres eager to explore Washington through backpacking, rafting, and sea-kayaking.
This program will give campers the opportunity to experience the geographical diversity and natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest. They'll have the chance to see the snowy peaks of Mt. Olympic as well as the braod rivers and lush valleys of the North Cascades National Park. They can look forward to camping alongside the abundant wildlife and engage in a fulfilling community service project. Other exciting activities to expect include kayaing in the San Juan Islands of Puget Sound, whitewater rafting the Sauk River, and exploring Seattle. By participating in this program, campers will surely walk away with unforgettable memories, new friendships, and invaluable experience living in the great outdoors.