- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Dance
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
The Junior Division Summer Intensive is a 5-week training program for students ages 11-15 with a minimum of three consecutive years of ballet training. It provides an opportunity for intermediate and advanced dance students to immerse themselves in an intensive training session.
Students take daily ballet classes supplemented by additional modern and jazz classes. Advanced girls may also take pointe; advanced boys may take boys' ballet. Students are provided the opportunity to learn repertory in special workshops, which culminate in the Summer Sizzler performances.
All students are evaluated for placement by the Junior Division directors. During the first week of classes, the program directors and instructors monitor and evaluate classes to determine that each student is placed in the correct level for his or her ability.