- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: August
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Other
- Entering Grade: 6th, 7th, 8th
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Hiking, Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
For three weeks, come explore the lush and vibrant landscape of the Pacific Northwest.
Adventure Treks offers 20-day trip for 8th and 9th graders looking for their first foray into the outdoors. Stand at the summit of Mount St. Helens and peer down into a still-smoking crateran incredible photo opportunity!before glissading (sliding) down the mountain. Hike and canoe through North Cascades National Park, nicknamed the American Alps for its dramatic, glacier-covered peaks. Rock climb in one of Washingtons most beautiful areas, Icicle Creek Canyon (dont worryyou wont freeze here!), before hopping into a raft on the Wenatchee River to cool off in the rapids. Sleep under the stars on the beach in Olympic National Park, sea kayak in the calm waters of Port Angeles, and finish your visit with a thrilling rafting trip down the world-famous White Salmon River.