- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 8th, 9th, 10th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Hiking, Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Credit Awarded: No
Explore the grandeur of northern California for three weeks! Hike secluded beaches along the Lost Coast. Spend a day hiking among the world’s most majestic trees in Humboldt Redwoods State Park. Become an Alzar School student for a four-day introduction to river leadership while whitewater rafting the Middle Klamath River. Mountain bike and rock climb in the shadows of Mt. Shasta before preparing for a summit attempt of the massive, neighboring Mt. Shastina.
Enjoy three days of whitewater rafting on the Middle Klamath River, camp on secluded beaches on the Lost Coast, go for the summit of Mt. Shastina, sea kayak on the Pacific, and learn to rock climb as you see what makes Northern California one of the most beautiful places in the world. Finish the best three weeks of your life with sea kayaking on Lake Tahoe! Try out a variety of different outdoor activities while making great new friends during this 19-day adventure.