- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: 11th, 12th
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Hiking, Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
Discover the pristine beauty of the Alaskan landscape on this 30-day outdoor program. Enjoy the Denali State Park and fun activities such as whitewater rafting, sea kayaking, ice climbing, and mountaineering. The Alaska Expedition will improve your outdoor skills, enhance your leadership abilities, and uncover scenery like you've never seen before. This trip is a great choice for high school students with previous outdoor experience who are in good physical condition.
Enjoy views of Denali, sea kayak next to orcas, and ice climb on the Matanuska glacier during this once-in-a-lifetime adventure. You must have previous outdoor experience and permission from the director to join. Alaska has a unique group size of 22 students and 4 instructors, as opposed to 24 and 6. Because students are expected to possess a high level of maturity and responsibility in the backcountry, we typically use a 1:5 instructor-to-student ratio.