As a professional educational consultant, Marie works one-on-one with your child, helping to identify colleges and universities that offer the best matches for their unique needs, and keeping the student on track through every phase of the college application process.
At Beyond 18, our goal is to eliminate that stress by finding the right fit schools: those that match the student academically, financially, and socially. And that looks different for every student! At Beyond 18, we meet the student where he or she is. Through student-centered, one on one meetings, we get to know the student personally. And the student learns much about themselves through the process!
The comprehensive services include, but may not be limited to:
- surveys for the student to target specific qualities and attributes of their "ideal" college
- high school curriculum support and recommendation
- evaluation of transcripts, test scores and activities
- careful attention to financial fit, making sure when necessary, the student is considering schools that will maximize scholarship potential
- development of a recommended college list
- a timeline for testing
- brainstorming the college essay
- preparation for visits and interviews
- scholarship and financial aid guidance
- monitoring the application process and deadlines
- guidance on admissions offers and review of financial letters