- Listing Type: Service Providers
- Category: Independent Educational Consultant
- Sub-Categories: College Advisor
- Affiliations: Independent Educational Consultant Association (IECA), National Association for College Admission Counseling
- Accreditation: IECA Professional Member
- Call: (816) 898-5666
As a college placement consultant my mission is to reduce the angst and anxiety, and to make my students and parents feel comfortable and confident with the college selection process.
Stage I, is an initial consultation which defines the needs of the student and family and determines the commitment to completing the remaining sessions of Stage I. Subsequent sessions involve conferring with the student individually in order to encourage the student to take ownership of the selection process. Additional sessions with the student involve crafting a personal resume to portray the student effectively in the process. Stage I concludes with a session that includes the parents to establish mutually agreed upon parameters for Mr. Heryer to use to draft a research list.
Stage II, begins with the presentation of an initial research list of institutions that should be good matches for the student based on the foundation laid in Stage I. A sufficient number of consultations will be provided as needed to complete all elements of the program.