College Essay Guy is your go-to resource for practical, step-by-step guides on writing beautiful college essays and putting together an awesome college application.
College Essay Guy offers both online courses and one-on-one services to help students navigate their college applications.
We have three main course options for students:
- How to Write A Personal Statement
- A video course for writing the main essay of the Common Application. Step-by-Step instructions from brainstorming your essay topic to polishing your final draft.
- How to Write the College Application + Supplemental Essays
- This course covers the rest of the college application. Dozens of resources for developing a college list, finishing all the school-specific supplemental essays, polishing the activities list and more.
- How To Write the UC Personal Insight Questions
- A step-by-step course for helping students write outstanding responses to the University of California Personal Insight Questions.
Plus two extra options:
- Uncommon Summer
- An online course to help students develop their leadership capacities, then brainstorm and potentially launch a self-directed project. This online course is built for students who are doers, or at least ready to shift into “do something” mode. This is also for students who have a lot of creative ideas, but need the structure and tools to get started.
- The Advanced Personal Statement Course
- In this course, we share brand new techniques for upleveling your college essay, plus step-by-step guides to using these techniques.
Each courses offers various videos, exercises, resources, and more to complete different aspects of their applications at their own pace.
If a student needs more structure, the College Essay Guy team offers one-on-one services such as college planning, or application and essay counseling.
The CEG team has been phenomenal in this whole process. When I approached Ethan in late November, I was really distressed as the application deadlines were around the corner. Despite the late timing, Ethan and the CEG team welcomed me with open arms and trudged along with me every step of the way to complete the process. Its rare to find strangers who truly care about you and want to help you in every way possible, and I think the CEG team really challenges those stereotypes with finesse.- Jadd, Student - February 10, 2020
Working with College Essay Guy, specifically Nicole was truly fantastic. As someone who considers myself an average writer at best, I had a lot of fear when faced with the 25+ essays I had to write. CEG broke it down into manageable pieces with clear examples to inspire me and, after many rounds of feedback and revisions, I was able to write deeply personal and finely-crafted essays that showcase all the parts of myself that make me who I am.- Brayden, Student - April 3, 2019
This course has truly changed my life. I now feel that I am prepared to tackle my Questbridge essays, supplemental essays, and any other college essays to ensure that I've tried my best and hardest for my future. After all that this course has provided me with, saying thank you feels inadequate, but still thank you so much, Ethan. You have truly changed my life and my perspective on writing a personal statement.- Amenna, Student - November 5, 2017
Starting these courses, I thought I was prepared to put together a good application, but I'm able to recognize now that my application and essays would have been pretty lifeless. Now I have strong, unique essays and a cohesive application that I hope will help to make me a much more competitive applicant at selective schools.- Natalie, Student - March 15, 2020