- Listing Type: Private Schools
- Residency: Day
- Type: Religious, Special Needs
- Grades Offered: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Country: United States
- High School Admission Test: Not Required
- Special Needs Served: Other, Physical Disability, Learning Differences, Therapeutic, Autism Spectrum, Other Developmental Disability
Trinity was originally founded as a school in 1950. Today, the school remains a vital support for children with developmental disabilities aged 3-21. When a local district is unable to provide appropriate services, the Trinity school offers an alternative for children with autism or severe developmental delays.
Using Applied Behavior Analysis techniques, students are supported to learn functional academic, interpersonal, social, and communication skills. Community activities, such as shopping, eating at restaurants, and use of local parks and recreational facilities are also an integral component of the program. The goal of the school program is to help each student develop skills that will allow him or her to return to the local school district. The Trinity School serves approximately 27 children with disabilities from a wide area: including LaSalle, Grundy, Cook, Dekalb, Will, and Kendall Counties.