- Listing Type: Private Schools
- Residency: Residential
- Type: Religious, Private, Therapeutic
- Grades Offered: 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Country: United States
- High School Admission Test: Not Required
- CEEB: 112021
- Special Needs Served: Other, Learning Differences, Therapeutic, Autism Spectrum
- Call: (706) 779-5766
Shepherds Hill Academy, is a faith-based and nature-based troubled teen boarding school and therapeutic program for boys and girls ages 12-17. Our unique combination of troubled teen schools, nature-based programs, equine and other therapeutic approaches offers students the best of academics and therapeutics, and provides optimum opportunities to heal and flourish.
Shepherds Hill Academy is a nature-based therapeutic boarding school that offers teens in crisis a chance for hope, healing, and restoration. Located in the foothills of Northeast Georgia, Shepherds Hill is home to 200 acres of scenic wilderness landscape just 85 miles Northeast of Atlanta, Georgia. The 12-month program provides a 5 to 1 staff-to-student ratio for teen boys and girls ages 12-17 years of age. Our separate boys and girls program each have a maximum capacity of 18 students. A unique faith-based approach and authoritative community provide youth with an unplugged environment to foster healthy relationships, alleviate anhedonia, promote identity formation, and work through the many challenges they may face.
Shepherds Hill bolsters a Fully Accredited Academy dedicated to helping teens develop a positive and successful future, both personally and academically. Our certified teaching staff offers quality education with career enrichment. Likewise, Shepherds Hill has a Fully Licensed Therapy Department and provides an individualized treatment plan for each student to address specific goals and interventions throughout their journey. Our wilderness, nature-based, residential staff are highly qualified individuals trained in CPR, Emergency Safety Interventions, lifeguarding, and behavior management.
Therapy at Shepherds Hill is holistically focused, well-rounded, and empirically-based. Our team of licensed clinicians creates a warm and accepting environment that delivers individual, group, and family sessions for the adolescent. In addition, each teen participates in Equine-Relationship Therapy groups geared towards the mind-body, spirit as well as relationship healing and growth. We also address issues of spirituality as they pertain to each individual. Our therapists provide personalized care for each student by addressing issues such as abandonment, trauma, Depressive Disorders, Bipolar Disorders, Anxiety Disorders, PTSD, Reactive Attachment Disorder, Substance Abuse Disorders, High Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder, and other concerns by utilizing evidenced-based modalities including CBT, DBT, Mindfulness, Family Systems Therapy for the adolescent, creative art and expressive therapies, sand tray, and addiction recovery treatments.
During their time at Shepherds Hill, teens not only work towards academic and therapeutic goals but also develop core life skills. Working as a team, youth engage in activities such as peer accountability, taking care of animals, gardening, and building or maintaining wilderness sites and shelters. For our parents and caregivers, Shepherds Hill facilitates biannual parent conferences and monthly parent workshops where families are able to work towards familial goals and encourage transformation and reconciliation within the family system.
Shepherds Hill proudly offers our services to families both nationally and internationally (student U.S. citizenship required). We are dedicated to caring for youth to promote emotional, psychological, and spiritual well-being.
Fully Accredited GA Academy - SHA offers students a disciplined, structured, and peaceful academic environment conducive to learning in troubled teen schools.
- Georgia state-certified teachers
- Advanced Placement - AP classes & college preparation available
- 5 to 1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Classroom tutors and monitors
- Fully equipped conventional classrooms
- Boys and girls separated – no interaction
- NCAA eligibility
- Interscholastic & intramural sports
A Comprehensive Approach to Healing Spiritual and Therapeutic - Shepherds Hill Academy offers a wide variety of therapeutic services for the purpose of heart change and family healing.
- On-campus licensed therapy department
- Biblical counsel & worldview training
- Equine therapy (O.K. Corral Series certified)
- Individual, group, & family sessions for the adolescent
- Christ-centered atmosphere
- Monthly parenting workshops
- Time for reflection, contemplation, & prayer
- Devotional, biblical, & apologetic training
Nature-Based Environment - The challenge of rustic living takes teens out of their comfort zones, curbs entitlement, and teaches them more effective coping skills. Faulty thinking patterns, brought on by negative cultural influences, then diminish.
- Safe, loving, & authoritative environment
- Georgia state-licensed residential therapeutic facility
- 5 to 1 student/counselor ratio with 24/7 care
- Serving boys and girls 12 to 17 nationwide
- Team-building work projects & activities
- Critical & constructive thinking challenges
Please contact us for tuition rates, financing information, and possible scholarships.