- Listing Type: Private Schools
- Residency: Day, Residential
- Type: Private
- Grades Offered: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Country: Canada
- High School Admission Test: Not Required
- Affiliation: The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- Application Fee: $250
- Tution Boarding: $76,630
- Tution Day: $33,205
- Enrollment: $520
- Percent Boarding: $90
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
Shawnigan Lake School is an independent co-educational boarding school for ages 13 –18 on Canada’s beautiful West Coast. Our diverse, interdisciplinary and innovative programming helps shape the next generation of global leaders.
Shawnigan Lake School was founded in 1916 by Christopher Windley Lonsdale in a then-secluded west coast rainforest on Vancouver Island.
Modeled after Westminster School (the Founder's alma mater), Shawnigan's inaugural class consisted of six students, but would rapidly expand in its early years, and by the end of its first decade boasted nearly one hundred boarders, a well-equipped gymnasium, and a growing reputation of academic excellence.