- Listing Type: Private Schools
- Residency: Day, Residential
- Type: Religious, Private
- Grades Offered: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Country: United States
- High School Admission Test: SSAT
- Affiliation: The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- CEEB: 400130
- IPED: 1921701
- Tuition Boarding: $69,570
- Tuition Day: $43,500
- Enrollment: 350
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Other
Portsmouth Abbey School is a coeducational, Catholic Benedictine boarding and day school for students in grades 9-12.
Founded in 1926 by the English Benedictine community, the School is located on a 500-acre campus along the picturesque shores of Rhode Island's Narragansett Bay. The Portsmouth Abbey education is grounded in the Western intellectual tradition, from ancient Greece and Rome and continuing into this century. This classical curriculum is balanced by a focus on spirituality, athletics, the arts and fun.
The School's mission encompasses the importance of reverence for God and the human person, respect for learning and order, and responsibility for the shared experience of community life.