- Listing Type: Private Schools
- Residency: Day, Residential
- Type: Private
- Grades Offered: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Country: United States
- High School Admission Test: SSAT, ISEE
- Affiliation: The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- CEEB: 310535
- IPED: 868746
- Tuition Boarding: $72,800
- Tuition Day: $63,500
- Enrollment: 544
- Percent Boarding: 70
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Payment Terms
The Peddie community commits itself to the intellectual, social, and moral growth of our students. Remarkable for the range of their talents, abilities, interests, and backgrounds, our students in grades 9-PG distinguish themselves through their excitement, curiosity, and character.
The Peddie community believes in the dignity and worth of all individuals. We believe all students possess unique and valuable qualities which, when developed, will enable them to be thoughtful and constructive members of society. Personal growth occurs through participation in a variety of academic, athletic, artistic, and community programs, and in the relationships students form with peers and adults in a residential school.
We believe that through involvement in all areas of Peddie life, students gain an appreciation for learning and critical thinking, a means of clarifying ideals and values, the ability to make responsible decisions, and a sense of pride in themselves and their community.
The Peddie community recognizes that the path toward a fulfilling and happy life requires the steady practice of enduring values:
- Respect Appreciation of and esteem for oneself, for others, and for the diversity of opinions and backgrounds at Peddie and in the larger community.
- Honesty A high regard for truth, sincerity in action, and genuine concern for honor and integrity.
- Scholarship Intellectual curiosity, active engagement in learning, and a foundation in the academic disciplines.
- Balance Time for work and play, a mix of mastery and experiment, and attention to mind, body, and spirit.
- Courage The quality that enables students to explore new ideas, to create imaginative solutions, to give and accept help, to make difficult decisions, and to grow into confident, compassionate adults.