- Listing Type: Private Schools
- Residency: Day, Residential
- Type: Private
- Grades Offered: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Country: United States
- High School Admission Test: SSAT, ISEE, Not Required
- Affiliation: The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- CEEB: 52262
- Application Fee: $50
- Tuition Boarding: $67,800
- Tuition Day: $32,500
- Enrollment: 321
- Percent Boarding: 58
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans
Ojai Valley Schools philosophy is contained in the words Integer Vitae _ meaning wholeness of life, symmetry of life, soundness of life, and, therefore, poise and strength of life. We create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning and growing through the framework of a warm family environment.
Guided by our stated philosophy, Ojai Valley School has as its goals and objectives the development of each students character through the advantageous use of Ojais natural surroundings, diverse educational community and a strong, professional staff. More specifically, the goals and objectives for each student are outlined in the school philosophy as follows:
- Wholeness of life _ Ojai Valley School students are presented with a wide variety of experiences through college preparatory studies, campus life, educational field trips, student activities, athletic programs, and outdoor education. These activities allow students to explore the extent of their interests and abilities, to know themselves, and to develop an appreciation and respect for other people on a global scale.
- Symmetry of life _ Ojai Valley School students are exposed to a well-balanced program, both academic and social, with consistent standards set for each discipline and activity.
- Soundness of life _ Towards the development of character, Ojai Valley School students are given responsibilities, which relate to their personal lives and to school affairs. Students have an opportunity to learn, perhaps to fail and to try again. With staff support and guidance, students begin to develop the knowledge and strength needed to make sound judgments.
By the time Ojai Valley School students are ready to graduate they will have developed the academic strength, the character, and the self-confidence to meet lifes future challenges in an ever-changing world.