- Listing Type: Private Schools
- Residency: Day, Residential
- Type: Private
- Grades Offered: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Country: United States
- High School Admission Test: SSAT, ISEE, Not Required
- Affiliation: The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- CEEB: 70945
- Application Fee: $75
- Tuition Boarding: $68,420
- Tuition Day: $52,100
- Enrollment: 736
- Percent Boarding: 71
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
The mission of The Loomis Chaffee School is to advance the development in spirit, mind and body of boys and girls drawn from diverse cultural and social backgrounds and to inspire in them a commitment to the best self and the common good.
Academically challenging, the school promotes active learning and close faculty-student bonds within a respectful and civil community. All Loomis Chaffee students, who come from 26 states and 40 countries, plan to attend four-year colleges and universities. The school is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.