- Listing Type: Private Schools
- Residency: Day, Residential
- Type: Religious
- Grades Offered: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Country: United States
- High School Admission Test: SSAT
- CEEB: 120055
- Tution Boarding: $4,128
- Tution Day: $7,658
- Call: 8088428211
Kamehameha is a Christian, non-denominational Protestant school for students in grades K-12. Its' mission is to fulfill founder Bernice Pauahi Bishop's desire to create educational opportunities in perpetuity to improve the capability and well-being of people of Hawaiian ancestry.
Kamehameha Schools is a dynamic and nurturing learning community committed to educational excellence. We assist people of Hawaiian ancestry to achieve their highest potential as "good and industrious men and women." We do so by contributing to their development as people who are:
- grounded in spiritual and Christian values;
- intellectually, emotionally, and socially self-reliant;
- resourceful, resilient, life-long learners;
- equipped with the skills they need to succeed in endeavors of their choosing;
- responsible, ethical, contributing members of their multi-cultural and diverse communities, and
- prepared to practice and perpetuate the Hawaiian values and traditions of Ke Ali_i Pauahi.
At our major entry points, 15 to 25-percent of new spaces are reserved for applicants identified as either orphaned or indigent. As directed by the Will of Princess Bernice Pauahi Bishop, these children receive additional consideration for admission. However, this does not mean that all orphaned or indigent children are automatically admitted to Kamehameha Schools. As with all other applicants, orphaned and indigent students are tested and evaluated and must demonstrate their ability to be academically successful at Kamehameha Schools.
Kamehameha Schools' admissions policy is to give preference to applicants of Hawaiian ancestry to the extent permitted by law. If you would like to be considered under that policy, your Hawaiian ancestry must be verified by Kamehameha's Ho_oulu Hawaiian Data Center. After your completed application is received in the Admissions Office, a Hawaiian Ancestry Registry (HAR) packet will be sent. The HAR packet must be completed and returned to the Data Center.