Located in Braintree, Mass., Granite Academy is a dynamic day school for middle and high school-aged students who have social/emotional challenges that complicate their learning. Fully approved by the DESE, Granite is recognized for providing flexible, individualized programming and being completely dedicated to meeting the needs of its students, families, and the public school systems.
At a Glance
This service is for
- Middle School and High School aged students
- Students who could benefit from a smaller classroom learning environment
- Students who have emotional or social issues that can interfere with academic progress
- Students with complex learning profiles or learning disabilities that are not effectively addressed in a public school setting
- Gender: male, female, transgender, non-conforming
Fully approved by the DESE, Granite is recognized for providing flexible, individualized programming and being completely dedicated to meeting the needs of its students, families, and the public school systems.
The school uses a highly structured motivational behavioral system with a focus on successful engagement in classroom activities and learning. Students, families, and team members use data from this system to support and track student progress. Granite's school culture is one that engages students with respect, honesty, and openness. The team works with students individually and in small groups to support their full engagement in academic, vocational, social, and recreational activities that promote skill development, emotional well-being, and movement towards graduation. Granite works collaboratively with students, their families, collaterals, and the sending districts.