- Listing Type: Private Schools
- Residency: Day
- Type: Private
- Grades Offered: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Country: United States
- CEEB: 411035
- IPED: 2163063
- Application Fee: $100
- Tuition Boarding: $49,500
- Tuition Day: $23,700
- Enrollment: 430
- Percent Boarding: 4
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Payment Terms
Hilton Head Preparatory School is a co-educational day and boarding school which enrolls approximately 400 students in Junior Kindergarten through 12th grade.
Our Core Values are:
- Academics: To cultivate a stimulating environment that promotes academic excellence, critical thinking and a lifelong love of learning
- School Family: To foster supportive interaction among motivated and loyal students, faculty, parents and alumni
- The Individual: To emphasize moral character, instill personal responsibility and nurture individual potential through broad participation in school programs
- Service: To inspire students to be contributing members of their community both now and in the future
Upper school students have the opportunity to pursue traditional and college-level courses in an environment of supportive accountability. This challenge is created to help prepare each student for a successful college experience while maintaining a structure that supports the development of the habits of mind that will sustain them far beyond their journey through formal education.
Strong interpersonal relationships developed in a culture of collarborative learning is central to our mission. The relationship between advisor and advisee, the countless hours of extra help provided throughout the year, the support provided through co-curricular opportunities, and the individualized approach to college admissions help create a mutually beneficial environment in which teacher and student challenge one another towards personal growth.
The blending of challenging learning experiences with strong relationships provides the foundation for a supportive community. It is through these components that the community as a whole rises up in support of the journey of self discovery. As the students give back to the greater community, they stand shoulder to shoulder with their peers and mentors. As they tackle the inherent challenges of interpersonal relationships, they are able to see models of how a multiplicity of personalities and approaches, within the school community, is able to coalesce around the clear purpose of facilitating the growth of the individual student.