Harvard-Westlake School is an independent coeducational college preparatory day school, grades 7-12, whose curriculum and programs create an educational environment designed for students who possess both the motivation and the ability to pursue a rigorous college preparatory course of study.
Harvard Westlake School strives to provide an education that enables and empowers its diverse students to: develop their intellectual, spiritual, emotional, and physical gifts; to understand and respect the similarities and differences among themselves and others in their local and world communities; and to learn the habits of mind and self-discipline necessary to live with integrity and purpose as contributing members of society. Harvard-Westlake will endeavor to fulfill this mission by:
- promoting an abiding regard for truth and excellence among its students;
- recognizing that respect for other people, honesty, and courtesy are fundamental standards expected of everyone in the school community;
- emphasizing logical analysis, clear language, and critical thinking throughout the curriculum;
- fostering participation in a wide range of useful activities at school and in the larger community designed both to strengthen the self and to respond to the needs and feelings of others;
- encouraging in its students the development of the self-reliance, independence, and moral strength that are requisites for the responsible exercise of freedom in the world that awaits them after they graduate.