Girard is a full-scholarship boarding school for academically capable students from qualified families of limited financial resources. Girard College students will be prepared to complete a bachelors degree in order to maximize their ability to pursue productive careers and be engaged citizens.
Girard College is an independent 5-day boarding school for grades 1 through 12. Students are considered for admission to first grade and sometimes to other grades when openings occur.
Girard Colleges mission is to prepare scholarship students for advanced education and life as informed, ethical and productive citizens through a rigorous education program that promotes intellectual, social and emotional growth. Behavioral expectations for Girard students are based on Girard's Core Values: respect, responsibility, integrity, self-discipline, and compassion. Therefore, all students are expected to:
- Exhibit respect and courtesy towards others
- Take responsibility for consistently striving for excellence in academics and citizenship
- Show integrity by honoring commitments, while demonstrating honesty in all aspects of their daily lives.
- Demonstrate self-discipline by exhibiting self-control and reaching for positive personal goals
- Be compassionate and appreciative of individual and cultural differences.
Girard College Upper School provides solid, comprehensive academic preparation for children in grades seven through twelve. Small groupings of no more than 20 students per class create an intimate setting for learning. Upper School students have the following subjects: art, computer science, English, health, math, music, science, social studies, and French, Latin or Spanish. Numerous electives exist in grades 9-12 such as Etymology or Intro to American Film.