- Listing Type: Private Schools
- Residency: Day, Residential
- Type: Religious, Private
- Grades Offered: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Country: United States
- High School Admission Test: SSAT, ISEE
- Affiliation: The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- CEEB: 362270
- Tution Boarding: $52,930
- Tution Day: $35,770
The mission of Gilmour Academy is to develop the competence to see and the courage to act in creating a more humane and just society. Everything about Gilmour is driven by the Holy Cross mission to translate moral beliefs into practice.
Our mission manifests itself across our campus:
- In our faculty, who educate our students in a research-based curriculum which engages life learning.
- In an academic setting, where young men and women shape themselves into people who are effective communicators, complex thinkers, effective problem-solvers, collaborative contributors, lifelong learners and morally responsible persons.
- In creating a culture, of empathy and compassion for others through community service.
- In teaching values, that embrace all people, cultures and faiths through proactive programs that help students understand and accept the many ways we are different and to recognize the ways we are alike during the critical years of their development.
Our Upper School offers a vibrant learning and spiritual environment where students develop the skills and understanding necessary to be successful lifelong learners. The college-preparatory curriculum integrates the best of traditional and 21st century learning, emphasizing critical and creative thinking through a variety of projects and experiences designed to bolster effective communication skills. Block scheduling provides students with time for in-depth learning.
Academic requirements are rigorous, with numerous AP and college-level classes, while providing for personalization through elective choices across the curriculum. Students also take advantage of individualized learning experiences, such as Catalyst internships offered through the Science Department.
Outside of the classroom, students have many opportunities to make friends, explore interests and develop talents, from athletics to the arts to entrepreneurship.
Gilmour students gain firsthand understanding of service, leadership and global awareness as they work together to aid others in Greater Cleveland, New Orleans, Austin and Honduras. Through these real-world service-learning opportunities that reinforce Holy Cross values, students live out Gilmours mission to develop the competence to see and the courage to act in creating a more humane and just society.