- Listing Type: Private Schools
- Residency: Day, Residential
- Type: Private
- Grades Offered: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Country: United States
- High School Admission Test: SSAT, Not Required
- Affiliation: The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- CEEB: 70095
- Tuition Boarding: $57,250
- Tuition Day: $29,850
- Enrollment: 344
- Percent Boarding: 63
- Special Needs Served: Learning Differences
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Payment Terms
Cheshire Academy is a college preparatory boarding and day school for students in grades 9-12 and postgraduate, in Cheshire, Connecticut.
Our academic vision is the Academy’s mission statement in action. It’s how we do the school part of the Cheshire Academy experience. We believe all students are unique individuals, with their own academic interests, styles, and needs. We also believe in helping our students become rationally autonomous individuals. And while we strive to pass on knowledge, skills, and values – including those that will help students find college and career paths – we also are keen to ensure students have an active role and voice in their learning, and take ownership over creating work which reflects their passions and their evolving world views.
The academic calendar is organized on a two-semester system; most students in grades nine to PG take five or six classes each semester. With a rotating schedule, each class meets three times per week for more than 3 hours. In addition to the academic schedule, students are required to participate in the afternoon program during each athletic season.