- Listing Type: Private Schools
- Residency: Day, Residential, Online
- Type: Special Needs
- Grades Offered: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Country: United States
- CEEB: 70885
- IPED: 233942
- Enrollment: 153
- Special Needs Served: Physical Disability
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
The American School for the Deaf serves the deaf and hard of hearing community as a multifaceted innovative institution dedicated to the development of intellect and the enhancement of quality of life, producing educated and self-directed citizens.
The Schools total communication philosophy embraces English, American Sign Language, the integration of speech, auditory training, reading, writing, and use of assistive devices as essential parts of total education that enables students to achieve true language and communication literacy.