- Listing Type: Private Schools
- Residency: Day, Residential
- Type: Private, Military
- Grades Offered: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Country: United States
- High School Admission Test: Not Required
- Affiliation: The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- CEEB: 101495
- IPED: 265362
- Application Fee: $100
- Tution Boarding: $53,200
- Tution Day: $24,900
- Special Needs Served: Learning Differences
Admiral Farragut Academy accepts local day students entering Kindergarten-12th grade and international boarding students entering 8th-12th grade or their postgraduate year.
In addition to the traditional curriculum, Farragut students have the opportunity to:
- Learn multiple languages: Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, and sign language
- Take Aviation courses and earn a Private Pilot License
- Hands-on Marine Science at the campus' waterfront
- Earn up to four Scuba certifications; become Master Diver
- Make robots come to life in Engineering classes and clubs
- Leadership skills earned through the military NJROTC program
- Join one of our 21 athletic teams that welcome all levels of ability (athletics start in 6th grade, but are also offered as a club in earlier grades)
- Head to the waterfront to sail, kayak, cast net, fish, canoe, or paddleboard
- Venture out for a weekend camping or dive trip to a Florida spring or visit Florida theme and water parks like Disney World, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens, Sea World, and more
- Relax on campus for big screen movie and game nights
- Through dorm life and our college-like campus students learn to manage time and personal space, and to live harmoniously with others.
- College counselor creates an individualized college plan for each student.
- The high school NJROTC program provides the tools to become organized, accountable, self-disciplined, and respectful to self and others.
- Leadership positions and naval science training make our students' college applications stand out.
Educational Summer Boarding Program for Teens
Summer@Farragut is a unique six-week summer boarding program for teens entering grades 8-12 which includes living on campus while attending college-prep classes and participating in fun activities. Summer@Farragut also exposes students to cultural diversity, provides a focused learning environment, and helps students become socially mature. The program is held on Admiral Farragut Academy's waterfront campus.
The summer boarding program is divided into one six-week academic and elective session or three, two-week elective sessions. Teens can also choose to enroll in a single elective session, two elective sessions, or all three. The completion of a full six-week academic course earns one high school credit. Elective and recreational classes meet for two weeks each.