- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential, Online
- Credit Awarded: College, None
- Program Length: Semester
- Start Month: January
- Category: Business/Entrepreneurship
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Cabins
- Application Deadline: 11/15/21
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Payment Terms, Work Study
- Minimum Cost: $5,000 - $9,999
Receive guidance and training geared toward leading a life of meaning and impact during a time when the world needs brave leadership and innovative thinking. Recent graduates and gap-year students learn to use the vehicle of entrepreneurship to tackle complex problems, from climate change, social justice, poverty, access to quality education, and more. Students leverage training, mentorship, and community to unleash a lifetime of impact.
The 4-month Watson Semester Accelerator was launched to accelerate the careers of recent graduates and gap-year students by teaching them entrepreneurial skills with a focus on impact. Whether you want to identify creative solutions to challenges as an intrapreneur, work within an existing organization, or advance your own solution as an entrepreneur, the Watson Semester Accelerator prepares you with the hands-on skills and global network to innovate and create sustainable change.
Selected students receive hands-on training and mentorship during a time when the world needs brave leadership and creative solutions to issues of complex injustice and inequality.
- Receive tailored mentorship from experienced innovators and entrepreneurs.
- Learn from a leader of a Nobel Prize winning movement and CEO's of companies such as Priceline.com.Watson Institute’s 294 alumni represent 69 countries.
- Collectively Watson’s alumni have raised over $100 million, created over 1,000 jobs, and impacted 5 million people around the world.
- Alumni have been selected to Y Combinator, the Echoing Green Fellowship and Forbes’ 30 under 30 list.
- Alumni have continued their education at Harvard University, New York University, and Princeton University, among others.
- Earn up to 6 units of credit toward an MBA at CU Leeds School of Business.
Now accepting applications for Spring, which runs from January-May. Apply early to secure your spot. The final deadline is November 15th.
Virtual and in-person spots are available.
I'm forever grateful for the Watson experience. I'm calling Watson my educational heaven on earth.- Raghad Alafifi - May 1, 2021
The Watson experience was beyond all my expectations. I am very grateful for this experience and can not imagine how Andemos and I wouldve got to the stage we are now without Watson. Also, I was impressed by how you could promote such a connected community in the online space. Cannot put into words how invaluable it was!- Carla Benfica - May 1, 2021
My experience at Watson was exceptional. I opened a new chapter of my life here.- Hezzy Mugao - May 1, 2021