- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: One Week, Four Weeks, Two Months, Semester, Quarter, Other, Three Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, September, October, November, December
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Cabins, Other, Tents
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Minimum Cost: < $1,000
The Voyageur Outward Bound School’s Gap Year & Semester Programs provide opportunities to acquire new skills in some of the most beautiful areas in both Texas and the Boundary Waters.
We believe that ‘there is more in us than we know.’
We believe in the potential of every individual. We believe that when people discover a strength of character, an aptitude for leadership and desire to serve, it has a positive impact on their lives and the lives of those around them. And that discovery has the power to make the world a better place.
As the leader in experiential and outdoor education, Outward Bound helps students of all ages and walks of life discover and develop a strength of character, an ability to lead and a desire to serve others…that they never knew they had.
Activities include sea kayaking in the majestic Lake Superior, navigating the fast paced whitewater rapids, paddling through rivers, lakes and swamps, backpacking on the pristine Superior Hiking Trail, desert backpacking in the Chisos Mountains, dogsledding and skiing across remote snow covered lakes and trails, and rock climbing.
- Accredited by the American Gap Association (AGA), our programs promote growth, learning and character development in team-based wilderness settings. Our students learn by practicing skills and working together, taught by enthusiastic instructors who are some of best educators in the industry.
**College credit is available.