- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Australia, Cambodia, Chile, Costa Rica, Kenya, New Zealand, Panama, Peru, Tanzania
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Four Weeks, Semester, Three Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, June, July, September
- Category: Environmental Conservation
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Dorm
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans
- Minimum Cost: $5,000 - $9,999
SFS is a different kind of study abroad.
We offer semester, winter, and summer undergraduate-level environmental conservation programs in 10 locations across the globe. Gap year students 18 years or older with demonstrated academic excellence in environmental or biological sciences are welcome to apply.
Ever wondered what it’s like to drive through the African savanna alongside a herd of elephants? Have you dreamed of hiking in the Himalayas? Are you looking for something other than just a casual trip to Europe? When you study abroad with SFS, you’ll explore some of the most fascinating places in the world – becoming more than a tourist. Your classroom could be a coral reef, rainforest, or glacier.
Our programs are designed to teach students about critical local environmental problems, how ecosystems and communities are impacted, principles of ecology and biology, and the skills needed to conduct field research. Students make lifelong friends and have the adventure of a lifetime.
Our program locations include:
- Australia: Rainforest Studies
- Bhutan: Himalayan Environment and Development Studies
- Cambodia: Conservation and Development Studies
- Chile: Climate Studies
- Costa Rica: Sustainable Development Studies
- Kenya: Wildlife and Water Studies
- Panama: Tropical Island Biodiversity Studies
- Peru: Amazon Studies
- Tanzania: Wildlife Management Studies
- Turks & Caicos Islands: Marine Resource Studies