- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Bolivia, Botswana, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Malaysia, Peru, Portugal, Romania, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Finland, Uganda, Mozambique, Namibia, Borneo, Malawi
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Program Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Quarter, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Financial Aid: Not Available
With The Great Projects you can volunteer with the worlds most incredible wildlife in breath-taking environments; from orangutans in the Bornean rainforest, elephants in the Namibian desert, turtles in the Pacific Ocean, to lions in the southern African bush.
Volunteering with animals facilitates the unique combination of travel to some exceptional destinations whilst undertaking credible wildlife conservation work. Volunteer with animals with The Great Projects and you really will have a sustainable impact on some of the planet's most incredible and endangered species, as well as the local communities that live alongside them. All of our volunteer projects are also associated with long term conservation initiatives which ensures that your visit will make a real difference to both the environments you are visiting and the species resident within them.
Here at The Great Projects, we are thrilled to be able to offer an extensive range of ‘signature’ tours taking in some of the world’s most impressive sites and attractions. These tours work as perfect bolt-ons to our wildlife conservation projects and in keeping with the ethos behind The Great Projects, we have designed all of these tours to be as responsible and environment-friendly as possible, ensuring that your travel will actively help contribute to integral wildlife conservation and local community development initiatives.