- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: South Africa
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Academic Year, Semester, Quarter, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Community Service
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Other
- Financial Aid: Not Available
- Minimum Cost: < $1,000
The Edge of Africa Sports Coaching program is all about giving back to the local community!
Students have the opportuntiy to serve as junior coaches in sports workshops designed to help the local youth. They'll help keep the children focused on channeling their energy towards sports and discouraging them from getting involved with drugs, drinking, and crime. Some of the most popular sports amongst locals are soccer and netball, but volunteers are more than welcome to introduce new and innovative sports to the children. In addition, students will be helping out with community projects targeting community health, education, and nutrition. They can expect to conduct health screenings, planting gardens, running recycling programs, and much more! Clearly, this is an excellent opportunity to learn more about the rich culture of South Africa, give back to the community, and stay fit!