A new 12-week, full-time intensive drawing course designed for a small cohort of students who want to develop foundational creative skills and their powers of visual reasoning.
Broaden your creative thinking and problem-solving skills through an immersive fine art course tailored to school leavers. Over one term, students will become part of a creative community and learn how drawing can be the starting point for all creative disciplines. Classes include tuition on painting, printmaking and sculpture.
This structured, practice-led course has been created to build student’s confidence in visual literacy, and to stimulate links between the arts and other disciplines, preparing students for university and professional life.
BENEFITS OF THE COURSE
- Learn foundational skills-based drawing techniques from an experienced faculty
- Join a diverse but small cohort of students
- Have space to decide where you want to take your further education or professional development
- Choose courses from a wide range of mediums, including drawing into painting, sculpture, illustration and printmaking
- Cultivate your personal sense of creativity and problem-solving abilities
- Apply your visual analytical skill to other disciplines
- Develop visual knowledge by building your own syllabus from a wide array of classes - Interrogate our complex visual world and explore diverse viewpoints
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR? The short intensive nature of the course will benefit a range of students, including:
- School leavers who are unresolved about their future path
- Students who already have a confirmed place at university
- Those who have a job or apprenticeship lined up
- Those who wanted to study art at school but prioritised other subjects