- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, Nepal
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Program Length: Academic Year, Other
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Community Service
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Homestay
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
Project Trust has volunteer opportunities in Asia throughout Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal and Thailand.
Volunteer opportunities include Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.
As a native, or proficient, English speaker you are in an excellent position to pass on your knowledge to students for whom English language skills can represent a real opportunity to help build a promising future for themselves. As a language teacher, you are able to be very creative with your lessons. Think back to when you were a student; do you remember the tedious hours you would spend on grammar and idioms? Think how you could change that for your own students as their teacher. Make your lessons dynamic and interactive, play games and do role plays and encourage your students to use their English in as many interesting contexts as possible.