- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Argentina
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Academic Year, Semester, Quarter, Other, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Start Month: March, August, September
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Dorm, Homestay, Student Apartment
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Payment Terms
Tango is a vital part of Argentine history and understanding its origins will give participants a deeper comprehension of the country and city of Buenos Aires. Through the Mente Argentina tango program, participants will learn the secrets of the tango dance and learn tango in an efficient and fun way.
It’s almost impossible to talk about Argentine culture without mentioning the passionate, playful, rich tango history that is still very much alive today. Tango music was born in Argentina, and is still an integral part of argentine pride. Although tango, also known as “the dance of the hug”, has its origins in the Rio de la Plata region, has become popular worldwide and appeals to people of all ages. The international community is drawn to Argentina and particularly Buenos Aires, looking to experience the late-night milongas (Argentine tango clubs), take classes, see dance and music shows, and immerse themselves in the tango culture that has defined the country.
Mente Argentina offers you a program which will introduce you to the intricate and unforgettable world of tango, allowing you to learn the traditional tango in a fun an innovative way. Our program combines various teaching techniques, guaranteeing a holistic and unforgettable experience
MENTE ARGENTINA TANGO PROGRAM IN BUENOS AIRES INCLUDES:
- Group Tango classes taught at Mente Argentina’s partner school with other argentine and international students, as well as experienced and certified professors to teach you the intricacies and beauty of the dance and culture.
- Individual Tango lessons taught at Mente Argentina’s partner school to give you the one on one attention that allows you to focus on the skills and knowledge you wish to develop. Milonga outings at tango clubs around the city to practice both the dance and experience the incredible tango scene in Buenos Aires.
MENTE ARGENTINA TANGO PROGRAM OPTIONS
- The Regular Tango Program lasts 4 to 12 Weeks and classes are given 6 times a week. (3 Individual Tango Lessons & 3 Group Lessons per week).
- The Intensive Tango Program lasts 2 Weeks and classes are given 8 times a week. (4 Individual Tango Lessons & 4 Group Lessons per week).